Statement of Commitment
Igloo Inc believes in equal opportunity and is committed to providing a barrier-free environment that allows all people to maintain their independence and dignity. As an organization, we respect and uphold the requirements set forth under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (2005) and its associated Regulations and strive to meet the needs of individuals with disabilities in a timely and effective manner.
Igloo Inc strives to meet the needs of its employees and customers with disabilities and is working hard to remove and prevent barriers to accessibility. Our organization/business is committed to fulfilling our requirements under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. This accessibility plan outlines the steps Igloo is taking to meet those requirements and to improve opportunities for people with disabilities. Our plan shows how Igloo will play its role in making Ontario an accessible province for all Ontarians.
Igloo welcomes applications for employment for all individuals and will provide accommodation throughout the recruitment process. Accommodations or requests for recruitment documents in a different format are available by contacting the Human Resources department at (519) 489-4120 or [email protected]
Accessible Emergency Information
Igloo Inc is committed to providing customers and clients with publicly available emergency information in an accessible way upon request. We will also provide employees with disabilities with individualized emergency response information when necessary.
Policies and Training
Igloo Inc will take the following steps to ensure employees are provided with the training needed to meet Ontario’s accessible laws by January 1, 2015:
- Making available our AODA Customer Service Standard Policy to employees
- Requiring employees in Ontario to complete our AODA Training Course, which is available via HR Downloads
- Tracking completion rates and following-up with employees that have not completed the course
Igloo Inc will review policies on an annual basis and incorporate accessibility into them whenever possible. The Multi-Year Accessibility Plan will be reviewed and updated at least once every five years, and as required.
Information and Communications
Igloo Inc is committed to meeting the information and communication needs of its clients, prospects, vendors and other stakeholders with disabilities. Information will be made available in alternative formats as requested.
With regards to its products, Igloo Inc prioritizes accessibility requirements during its development team. It also ensures our development teams take advantage of designs and controls that are researched and tested with accessibility experts and end users.
Igloo Inc is committed to ensuring that the information it makes available on its websites are accessible to all users:
- By January 1, 2014, new internet websites and web content on those sites conform with WCAG 2.0 Level A
- By January 1, 2021, all internet websites and web content will conform with WCAG 2.0 Level AA
Igloo Inc will take the following steps to make sure all publicly available information is made accessible upon request by January 1, 2016:
- Accept feedback on any accessibility concerns through a variety of communication mediums including email, in-person, phone, and written letters.
Igloo Inc is committed to fair and accessible employment practices. We will take the following steps to notify the public and staff that, when requested, we will accommodate people with disabilities during the recruitment process, by January 1, 2016:
- On the Igloo Inc career website we will specify that accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities
- Inform applicants selected to participate in the interview process that accommodations are available during the recruitment process upon request
- When requested, consult with the applicant and implement suitable accommodations
Upon hire, Igloo Inc will also ensure these steps are taken to improve accessibility for current employees, by January 1, 2016:
- Implementing necessary changes to the work environment for employees of Igloo Inc
- Inform employees of policies in place to support employees with disabilities
- Provide accessible formats and communication accommodations for employees, upon request
- Provide individualized workplace emergency response information to employees who have a disability
- Develop individual accommodation plans and return-to-work policies for employees that have been absent due to a disability by following up with employees that are in the process of returning to work to see what accommodations can be made for them
- Accommodate employees during performance management, career development and redeployment processes
Igloo Inc will also take the following steps to prevent and remove other accessibility barriers identified:
- Seek feedback on accessibility at Igloo Inc from clients, guests, employees and other personnel
- Determine the best action required to help accommodate anyone with a disability visiting our offices
- Implement necessary accommodations and follow-up to ensure the situation has been resolved
Notice of Temporary Disruption to Services or Facilities
Should any aspects of our facilities that are used by persons of disabilities, a notice will be publicly posted including information about the reason for the disruption, anticipated duration, and a description of alternative facilities or services if available. In the event that our product or product’s services are interrupted, a notice of disruption will be sent out via Igloo Inc’s Customer Support team.
Design of Public Spaces
Igloo Inc will meet the Accessibility Standards for the Design of Public Spaces when building or making major modifications to public spaces.
Public spaces include:
- Waiting areas
- Meeting rooms
For more information or detailed versions of our program and plan, and accessible versions of Igloo Inc’s Accessibility Plan, please contact:
Human Resources 55 King St W Kitchener, ON N2G 4W12, (519) 489-4120 Email: [email protected]